This is our November news episode. While Ryan is off at MAX Japan, John Wilker ( http://www.johnwilker.com/j/ ) of 360 Conferences ( http://www.360conferences.com/blog/ ) stands in to help Jeff co-host. We run through a list of left-over news items from the MAX Conference, as well as a handful of other items interspersed throughout..
- Interested in seeing a video version of The Flex Show next year (or not)? Take the survey and get a chance to win a video iPod!
- Overview of San Jose State University's use of Second Life for Distance Learning on YouTube
- Total Training's Adobe Flex 2: Rich Internet Applications
- Adobe acquires Virtual Ubiquity (creators of the very cool Buzzword application)
- CoCoMo (the next generation of Acrobat Connect) was announced at Max. Take a look at this overview for more information
- Flex Builder for Linux on Labs
- Flex Builder free for students and faculty
- Adobe also announces Flex Builder 3 licensing changes
- Grant Skinner has released his Spell Check Engine as a commercial component
- More information on the Flash Player 10 announcement
- Need more feeds to read? Check out the new Flex-focused All Your Flex Are Belong To Us blog aggregator
- O'Reilly is looking for contributors to an Flex 3 Cookbook. Apparently some of the content will come from the Adobe Flex Cookbook site
- The Artemis Project is being Shut down by EffectiveUI. The project will be moved to OSFlash.org, so keep an eye on Adam Flater's blog for news on when this will happen
- Conditional compilation has been added to the second beta of Moxie (Flex 3). The documentation didn't make into the release but can be found here
- WebManiacs Conference 2008 has been announced. It will be held May 19-23 in Washington DC and registration is now open
- Register for 360|Flex Europe in Milan, Italy on April 7-8, 2008.
- Watch the 360|Flex site for the announcement of 360|Flex, Atlanta