Check out our Angular Book Series.

The Flex Show Episode 81: July News Episode

It's been about 6 months, we figured it was news time again! We'll try to do them a bit more frequently, but interviews areso much fun!

Notes

Community News Framework News Contact

Nidhi's Gravatar It was a great show, very very informative. It would be great if you have a show related t
show related on action script design patterns and flex designing.

Nidhi
# Posted By Nidhi | 7/9/09 5:04 AM
Jeffry Houser's Gravatar Nidhi,

Thanks; we'll see what we can do.

Design Patterns are often not language specific, so I'm not sure if there are any specific ActionScript design patterns.

We did have a show on Flex Skinning way back in the early days with Juan Sanchez. And the Degrafa episode may qualify in that regards.

Were you interested in something different regarding design?
# Posted By Jeffry Houser | 7/9/09 9:02 AM
Jonathan's Gravatar I would like to hear Sean Hess on the show. I think his framework is called "Glue". I would like to know how it differs between Mate and what his plans for the future are. Also his BIFFF framework is great when you do not have access to the swc source code but still need to change the look and feel of it. I would like to hear how he is using it in his projects.

Keep rockin the podcast guys.
# Posted By Jonathan | 7/10/09 11:07 PM
Milos's Gravatar It would be really great if you have one show about making money from AIR/Flex applications and/or components and all others things that go with it (i.e ways to sell your component and/or application, ways to protect swf, marketing, AIR vs others desktop platforms (Java, C#), some successful examples, ideas). I think it would be very useful for many of us developers.
# Posted By Milos | 7/11/09 11:16 PM
Jeffry Houser's Gravatar Milos,

It has been my perception that our users like technical topics, so we try to stray away from business related stuff as much as possible.

You can check out this episode 34, which was our last attempt at touching on subjects like this: http://www.theflexshow.com/blog/index.cfm/2008/2/1... .

In reality, the ability to build a successful business has nothing to do with Flex or AIR.

You might want to check out the Small Business Podcast at http://www.smallbusinesspodcast.com/ or the OurStartupStory blog http://www.ourstartupstory.com where both John and I blog along with a few other people. There are plenty of other business related podcasts and blogs out there.

I also routinely touch on business related topics on the Flextras Friday Lunch http://www.flextras.com/blog/index.cfm/Flextras-Fr... but those podcasts are pretty unformal.

Would you really like to hear our take on the business side of Flex?
# Posted By Jeffry Houser | 7/12/09 12:03 AM
John Wilker's Gravatar @milos, you could also check out Nitro-LM regarding protecting SWF. I've never used it, but have seen their sales stuff, and know the owner, great guy. They've got a lite version for devs, etc. worth looking into for that aspect of the business of Flash/Flex/AIR
# Posted By John Wilker | 7/13/09 1:52 PM
Jeffry Houser's Gravatar I'm lax for not mentioning that in the first place. Good catch, John.

Here is a link to their site: http://www.nitro-lm.com/

If we were going to have someone come on to talk about Business and Flex, one of the Nitro-LM guys would be a good choice.
# Posted By Jeffry Houser | 7/13/09 3:15 PM
Milos's Gravatar Very cool. I checked out NitroLM and it seems very interesting to me. I hope I'm not the only one. So bring someone from nitro ;)
# Posted By Milos | 7/14/09 4:38 PM